Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My First Post

I guess an introduction is in order since this is my first post. Let's see...

I'm Rhea and I'm not into blogging. I'm not into social networking either but I do have a Facebook account.

No, I'm not some kind of a sociopath (but I have a self-diagnosed slight case of OCD). I'm just what you call an otaku (do look it up if you don't know what it means or just find some couch potato with a semi-obsession on just about anything). I do enjoy making friends, however, so I guess I'm not a total lost cause.

When I was young (many, many years ago), I have always wanted to become writer. What pushed me to pursue it were a few pieces of paper that made me a redundant employee and Terrence, my dog who died from cancer. I started wondering what I wanted to do and I realized that, since YOLO was a thing, I had to make the most of my life. And that was how A Promdi's Guide To Self-discovery, my very first Filipino novel, was born on Wattpad.

I was born and raised in the city so I have no idea what it was like to live all your life in the province. I do have cousins though and one of them, a gullible young girl who didn't finish college because of an unplanned pregnancy, inspired me to write the story that is the first in a series called A Girl's Guidebook.

I fell in love with creating different characters and writing about their fictional lives, like how I fell in love at first sight with my six-month-old kitten named Nyawth, so I started writing more. My brain is so full of scenarios and plot twists that I often wonder how it hasn't exploded yet. I do get lost inside my own head at times and that is one of the reasons why I can't commit to a timeline for finishing my books that I set myself.

Baking is like therapy for me, just like reading novels and manga, playing PC and 3DS games, watching Asian dramas, anime, and western series like The 100, Teen Wolf, The Big Bang Theory, and Grimm among others.

Don't tell anyone but I have been a closeted fan of the 1980's version of Sharon Cuneta, you know, during her Bituing Walang Ningning days, and I have had a huge crush on James Reid when On The Wings Of Love was still on air.

If you're curious about my age, I'm seventeen. Period. Not going to answer questions like how long have I been seventeen. Nope.

That's it for now, I guess. Seriously, for a non-blogger, I sure have a lot to say.

Well, then. Until next time~! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment